Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thursday Nights

SO. Even though I sometimes hate technology like I said in my last post, I like technology too sometimes. Particularly on Thursday nights. Why? Because the two greatest tv shows are on: Community and The Office, of course.

On Thursday nights, we have an "Office Party" (at least, that's what I call it) where a bunch of us all get together and watch The Office in the lounge. [Don't tell anyone, but I secretly get mad when people are too loud and I can't hear what's happening. Haha.] Anyway, was there a point to this blog? I guess I was going to say that media (and particularly tv) brings us all together. It makes us have things in common with other people that maybe we wouldn't normally hang out with. Sure, maybe I don't even know the names of some of the people at the Office Party, but that doesn't matter, as long as we're all coming together for the same purpose. Watching The Office has become a social event, even though we're not necessarily "socializing" during the actual show. We talked in class about how media pulls us together and drives us apart at the same time, and this is just one example of how media pulls us together. Can you tell I'm tired? I think it's bedtime.

PS- You all should start watching Community so I don't have to watch it alone anymore. :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree that media pulls us together. I met new people when House is on because they were all watching it in the lounge. And I don't think I like The Office, it made my eye twitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to watch Community, but either I forget, I'm not home on time, nobody records it, or someone watched ten minutes of it while it was recording and then changed the channel, thus stopping the recording. ah, the joys of living at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I disagree with Anonymous #1's comment about The Office. It transcends all levels of consciousness.

    ReplyDelete