Thursday, November 19, 2009

Social or anti

So I wrote before about how media brings us together, like to watch a certain tv show or for a certain cause on the internet.

While all this connecting is going on, media is also driving us all apart. I mean, look at yourself. You're probably alone in your room reading this. How is that social? Is it really bringing us togetherness? I think it's weird how in order to feel connected with other people and to find out what's going on, I can just go in my room and log onto Facebook. The internet is making us all more antisocial. I mean, if it wasn't for the internet, I wouldn't be in my room half as much as I am now.

Mark (the prof) said in class "We're all together alone." We're connected in so many ways with so many social networking sites, but we're all alone hiding behind our computer screens at the same time. Hmmmm.....interesting.......

No comments:

Post a Comment